Temple Bar TradFest, Dublin’s biggest festival of Irish Music and Culture takes take place over 5 days and nights from Wednesday 22 – Sunday 26th of January 2014. Just some of the acts performing at this year’s concert :
· Carlos Nunez;
· Altan plus very Special Guest Mary Chapin Carpenter
· A double bill with Stockon’s Wing & Frankie Gavin & De Dannan,
· Paul Brady
· Johnny Duhan
· Eleanor McEvoy
· Frances Black
· Bellowhead; winner of Best Album 2013 BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards
· Seth Lakeman; folk-inspired, multi-award winning singer-songwriter
· Renowned cello trio Melo M all the way from Lativa
· A Commemoration of the Songs of World War 1 hosted by RTE broadcaster, historian & author Myles Dungan plus special guests.
There will also be full programme of free events on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th January with free outdoor music stages, ceili, film screenings, song-writing & music workshops, theatre, art and crafts markets, face-painting, Irish dancing, salsa and afro beat bands, street performers, photo exhibitions, gaelic games, animal and food farm plus much more.
This is how it looked like last year (for more photos check flickr account here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/templebartraders/)